So, you’re a lawyer, and you’re looking for some good local SEO for your law firm. Well, we’ve got good news for you: In this guide, we’ll go over everything there is to know about local SEO so that you can get started today.
What is local SEO?
Optimizing a website for better performance in local search engine results is known as “local SEO.” This can be done through keywords, content, and other factors that influence how people find you online. For example, if someone searches for a “law firm,” they’ll be presented with a list of law firms near them.
Why should you care about local SEO?
It’s not just about the number of people who are searching for your services. It’s also about how they find you and what they do once they’ve found you.
Local SEO is a great way and easy way to reach local customers and increase your brand awareness in your area, and it’s likely that you’ll discover new business opportunities because of the increased search volume.
Local SEO allows you to rank for multiple keywords and phrases, so if one isn’t working out for you, there are plenty more where that came from. You can even rank for specific neighborhoods within cities or states by adding keywords like “neighborhood” or “city” into the relevant section of Google Maps (or another mapping service).
Best local SEO platforms for lawyers
Local search is a complex topic, and it’s not always easy to know what you need to do in order to get your business listed on Google.
That’s why we’ve put together this list of some of the best local SEO platforms for lawyers:
Google My Business
This is probably the most widely used app for businesses on mobile devices. It’s free, easy to use, and allows you to manage your listing from anywhere with an internet connection. If someone searches for something related to your law practice or just happens upon your website while browsing their phone in public places like coffee shops or airports—or even if they visit one of those sites themselves—then this will be their first stop when looking at potential new clients.
One of the best ways of finding new clients is to network because how many times have we all been in situations where someone else knows more than us? Well, now there’s no need—just ask them if they know anyone who needs representation before going ahead with anything else because chances are good that person might end up being just what we need too.
Also, another plus is that users show greater interest overall when using reviews written by others rather than ones written by friends or family members themselves, which means less competition with other businesses nearby.
Avvo is a legal-focused platform that can help you establish your expertise in your field. Fill out your profile, including information about your areas of expertise, and answer questions asked by other users on the platform to build your credibility.
Utilizing these platforms can help improve your visibility in local search results and establish you as an expert in your field. Make sure your business information is accurate and up-to-date, and engage with your followers to build a strong online reputation.
Local SEO Strategies
To get the most out of your local SEO efforts, you should consider these strategies:
- Optimize your website for mobile devices. When people access your site from their phones, they won’t have access to all of the features that are available on desktop computers. Make sure you have a responsive design in place (which adapts the design to fit any device) so that your site looks good no matter what device is being used.
- Claim your business on Google My Business and make it easy to find when people are looking for lawyers near them. This can help establish trust with potential clients who may be searching online or using apps like Yelp or Zendesk instead of traditional print directories like Yellow Pages or the American Legal Directory.
- Create a Google map listing with pictures and images from across social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, along with links back directly to those sites where appropriate, so visitors can immediately see what kinds of services are offered by law firms within their area without having much prior knowledge about where these places exist geographically.
By implementing these local SEO strategies, you can improve your online visibility, reach, and credibility in local search results. It’s important to keep in mind that local SEO is an ongoing process that requires consistent effort and attention to see results. With the right approach, however, you can establish a strong online presence and attract new customers to your business.
How to begin your local SEO campaign?
It’s important to start with a website audit. This will help you understand what needs to be done and how much time and money it will take to accomplish the task.
A good starting point is Google search console tools, which can give you access to information about your site, including:
- Page speed—how fast does it load?
- SEO factors, like backlinks and other signals of quality content.
- Competitor analysis report (including links).
Also, you can use Google Analytics to help you analyze the performance of your site from an SEO perspective. It will show you the bounce rate, average time on the page, and other analytics data.
How to make sure your customers find you via mobile?
There are a few things you can do to ensure that customers will find your business on mobile:
- Make sure your website is responsive. This means that it automatically adjusts its layout so that it looks good on any screen size or device type.
- Use a domain name that’s relevant to your industry and location.
- Use a local phone number to help people find you online, even if they don’t need immediate customer service assistance.
- Make sure your website is accessible on all devices by checking the compatibility of each one with search engines such as Google or Bing.
Local SEO Takeaway
Local SEO is a long-term strategy that should be part of your business plan. The more you focus on local search, the more likely you will be able to draw in customers who are looking for what you offer, as well as prospects who may not have heard of you before but are searching for similar services or products.
This can be an excellent way for companies like yours to stand out from competitors and get their name out there in front of potential customers who need their services now or later down the line—and it all starts with doing some research first.